Psychological therapy makes your life more enjoyable and harmonious
Only 4% of specialists pass the bar
All registered psychologists have a degree in Psychology or Medicine, in addition to certifications in renowned therapy approaches
We check if the specialist adheres to the ethical norms, and his specific professional approach and experience in different cases.
We verify specialist’s participation in professional psychologist associations and his knowledge of other therapeutic approaches
We have already helped more than 2000 clients
That’s why, a warm “thank you” from me to the team:) This was what I needed to find my online psychotherapist!And it's easy to choose a specialist, whether it’s a psychologist or psychiatrist: the filters are handy, and the therapists make great descriptions on the psych website.
P.S. I have been working with my counseling psychologist for 5 months now, and I enjoy it so much!
I only had one session, and I will continue the following Monday!
Interesting tidbits about psychology here
How Rozmova works
Fill out the questionnaire
Rozmova was created using personal experience.
Each of us had a long journey on the way to his therapist’s search. So we simplified this journey for you. Now, you have Rozmova for this.
Here we are, happy to have Rozmova and you, right here with us.
It means we’re doing everything right.
More about us
Ми вже допомогли більше ніж 2000 клієнтам
Questions and answers
It can be very difficult to identify the root of a problem on your own. Don't worry — a psychotherapist can help formulate your request. In this case, you should describe the problem’s symptomatology:
- What exactly is bothering you right now?
- How is it affecting your life?
- What might it be related to, in your opinion?
A psychologist is a specialist with a college degree in Psychology. Usually, working with a general or associate psychologist is short-term and takes a few meetings to deal with a specific problem or situation. There are also clinical psychologists: these are specialists with higher Psychology education, who specialize not only in psyche development but also about its pathology — mental illnesses. A clinical psychologist evaluates mental activities and prepares diagnosis for the psychiatrist.
A psychotherapist is a specialist with a medical degree or a MA or PhD in Psychology (has a status of Dr contrary to psychologist), along with post-degree work experience. Those who have a medical degree can prescribe medication, combined with some form of psychotherapy. The majority of specialists on our platform are psychotherapists, meaning they have a higher Psychology degree and post-degree work experience.They use both long-term methods, such as psychoanalysis, and short-term methods, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy.
A psychiatrist is a specialist with a medical degree. A psychiatrist deals with the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of mental illnesses, relying on physiology (similarly to psychological psychologists). In most cases, psychiatrists prescribe medication treatment.
For a person without pronounced mental disorders, who experiences certain life difficulties or psychological problems, it’s enough to turn to an applied psychologist. Mental disorders can be understood as certain conditions or actions of a person that significantly reduce their quality of life, interfere with the performance of daily tasks, and threaten their life or lives of their loved ones. They should be treated with a psychotherapist or a psychiatrist.
You determine the session’s method, price, and format directly with the specialist — offline or online, card or cash. We do not force specialists to work in a particular format, but we do check the availability of technical equipment for online sessions: Zoom, Skype, Google Meet, Viber, etc.
All the details on the available session formats are listed on the specialist’s page.
There are 2 ways to choose a specialist on our platform: - answer a few questions and get a selection of the 4 most suitable specialists for you;- choose from all the specialists on the platform by yourself.
If you decided to look for a specialist on your own:
1. The specialist must have appropriate training and qualifications, which all platform specialists have:- Higher Psychology or medical education;- over 3 years of personal therapy;- regular supervision.
2. It is important to know that a specialist has experience helping with your particular problem: this should be one of his/her main specializations. You can find their specialization on the therapist’s page; you just have to find the match for you: whether it’s a psychologist for your break up, anxiety psychologist or depression psychologist.
3. It is crucial to choose a person you feel comfortable talking to and being around. Read the introduction on the specialist's page, their own articles, or watch their video presentation. Listen to yourself — is what they’re talking about close and clear to you, or not?
4. Conversing in the chat, you can ask questions and discuss how the therapist is going to work with your problem. There are different approaches in psychotherapy, and you might find that CBT or cognitive psychologist is better for your request than a psychodynamic psychologist.
On our platform, there are specialists with prices ranging from 20 euros to 100 euros for a 50-minute session. The price for a session with each psychologist is set by themselves; it depends on their qualifications and experience.
It is an introductory meeting. To achieve positive results, your specialist needs to know more about you. He may ask what brought you to the session, as well as ask questions about various life events, family, relationships, etc. They will listen to your story, directing you with clarifying questions.
Online format: at the appointed time, you connect through any convenient platform or messenger. During the session, no one else must be in the room but you.
Offline format: you come to the specialist's office at the appointed time.
The duration of the session is usually 50 minutes, but there are exceptions depending on the client's request. We recommend that you double-check the session’s duration with your specialist before it begins.
The number of sessions depends on your personality structure and the level of change you want. A psychotherapist will need 1-2 sessions for a general analysis of your condition and case. Afterward, 5 to 20 sessions are enough for superficial changes; deeper and more integral ones will require more time. The result of psychotherapy directly depends on your requests and expectations. If you are concerned about your lack of concentration, the ability to organize yourself efficiently will be considered a successful result after working with an ADHD psychologist. If it is important for you to smooth over the consequences of a traumatic event, a PTSD or trauma psychologist can help you cope and learn to live with the old experiences in your new life.
Psychotherapy provides stable support and effective self-help tools, strengthening a person's internal support, which gradually leads to greater emotional stability, self-understanding, and improved quality of life.
A person after psychotherapy is a person who hears oneself, understands what one wants; can cope with different difficulties in life, andsupports oneself in situations of uncertainty; he\she loves, respects, and appreciates oneself, treats others with care but is also able to stand up for oneself.
Our platform is completely free for all users.
Fill in the specialist-matching questionnaire and choose from four specialists we offer you. On the main page, there is also a filter you can use to see all the specialists who have experience with your particular request, whether it’s psychological treatment for anxiety or marriage psychologist.
Let the therapist know in a way that is convenient to you. We advise you to dig deeper into the reason you want to discontinue the therapy, because often irritation and other emotions of resistance are the evidence of its effectiveness. After all, it is very unpleasant to work with your traumas or fears.
It's important to understand what doesn't work for you. Perhaps you’re more comfortable with a male psychologist than a female one; or couples psychologist instead of individual therapy. Working on yourself is not always a joyful process, because you are shown the aspects of your personality that you didn't notice or didn't want to notice before. Accepting them and working on them requires you to be determined. Finding your specialist is not an easy task; it’s like finding a new friend. Don't give up: the results are worth the effort of searching for the right specialist.
If the reason for stopping work with the specialist is unethical behavior on his part, contact our support service by email at email@example.com
1. The therapist offers an offline session not in the office, but in a café, at home, or somewhere on thestreet.
2. The therapist makes friendships or becomes intimate with clients, seeking meetings outside the session.
3. The therapist forgets about appointments and constantly reschedules them.
4. The therapist communicates with you online with the camera off or with loud voices, noise, or even other people in the background.
5. The therapist records your meeting in audio or video format.
6. Impugning your feelings, making value judgments about you or others, inappropriate jokes and sarcasm, mockery, passive-aggressive tone,disregarding and ignoring requests, condescending attitude, lack of flexibility and empathy, judgments or attempts to impose "correct" views: religious beliefs, attitudes toward marriage, political views, etc. — these are all red flags.
7. Embarrassing you for your choices or peculiarities.
8. Specialist gives directive pieces of advice: leave your wife, change job, etc. Even a perinatal psychologist shouldn’t direct you on how to raise your child.
9. The therapist insists on getting information even if the client is not ready to give it.
10. You are pressured to behave in a certain way. The right approach is when the specialist motivates and explains the importance of this or that behavior/action.
11. The specialist tells details about working with other clients, allowing clients to identify them.
12. He\she prescribes medication without being a psychiatrist.
13. The psychotherapist offers you to bring acquaintances and receive a discount on consultations or other remuneration in exchange.
On our platform, every therapist undergoes a thorough ethical review. We closely monitor clients’ feedback so that we can respond in time ifa professional violates any moral standards.
The communication between you and the specialist takes place directly between you two, without any involvement on our part. Everything that happens during the session is confidential.